Mrs. Krummel is a certified mathematics teacher committed to helping students improve mathematical literacy by fostering a student-centered learning environment that promotes critical thinking and exploration. Her areas of expertise include Gifted Education and Educational Technology.
Throughout her teaching career, Mrs. Krummel has developed numerous educational resources to help teachers of Advanced Placement Statistics and other advanced mathematics programs meet the needs of their mathematically gifted students. Visit her Teaching Resources page to learn more.
Interested in Educational Technology? Be sure to check out Mrs. Krummel’s LaTeX Tutorials, a series of FREE video tutorials teaching students how to use the LaTeX markup language to typeset mathematical documents. This is a great enrichment opportunity for high school students looking to enhance their current curriculum, or for college students who need to submit their math assignments electronically.
Mrs. Krummel also has a passion for integrating mathematics and the visual arts. Visit the Student Gallery for samples of student projects (including downloadable lesson plans) that blend math and art instruction. You’ll find projects used in a variety of courses, including Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Precalculus, Calculus, and Discrete Mathematics.
Looking for an in-person or online math tutor? Mrs. Krummel currently resides in Charlotte, North Carolina, where she provides tutoring services for students of all ages and abilities in subjects ranging from prealgebra through college level calculus and statistics. If you are in need of tutoring services, please contact Mrs. Krummel for more information.
North Carolina Standard Professional I License January 2013-June 2016
Academically Gifted K-12
Maryland Advanced Professional Certificate July 2008–June 2013
Gifted & Talented Specialist
JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, Baltimore, MD December 2012
M.S.Ed. in Educational Studies
TOWSON UNIVERSITY, Towson, MD August 2004
M.S. in Mathematics Education
GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY, Fairfax, VA August 1999
B.A. in Mathematics
Teacher, Accelerated G/T Mathematics Program, August 2009-July 2012
Office of Gifted and Talented, Howard County Public School System, Ellicott City, MD
- Taught Algebra I G/T, Geometry G/T, Algebra II G/T, Discrete Mathematics G/T in a blended instruction environment for middle school students enrolled in the Accelerated G/T Mathematics Program.
- Designed and piloted the Discrete Mathematics G/T course, which was subsequently adopted countywide.
- Utilized online learning management system and other technology-based tools (i.e. blogs, discussion forums, websites, dynamic software) to organize and deliver course content, facilitate exploration, and increase communication outside the classroom.
- Administered private assessments and conducted placement evaluations of students selected as candidates for the Accelerated G/T Mathematics Program.
- Provided countywide professional development related to Gifted Education.
- Organized and conducted orientation for families of students entering the Accelerated G/T Mathematics Program, including a program overview, student discussion panel, and question/answer session.
Teacher, Mathematics, August 2005-July 2009
Wilde Lake High School, Howard County Public School System, Columbia, MD
- Taught AP Calculus C, AP Statistics, Calculus G/T, Precalculus G/T.
- Developed multiple projects integrating mathematics and the visual arts in order to enhance affective learning experiences and increase student engagement.
- Encouraged students to apply statistical thinking to activities central to daily life. Taught students to conduct research and analyze data in order to draw meaningful conclusions.
Teacher, Mathematics, August 1999-July 2005
Glen Burnie High School, Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Glen Burnie, MD
- Taught AP Statistics, Precalculus G/T, Algebra II, Geometry, Algebra I, Prealgebra, PSAT/SAT Prep.
Teacher as Leader in Gifted and Talented Education, February 2012
Awarded by the Maryland State Advisory Council on Gifted and Talented Education