Our Mission Statement:
The MPHS Math Club strives to promote enthusiasm and interest in mathematics beyond the classroom experience. We provide students the opportunity to develop mathematical problem-solving skills in a casual, friendly, and fun atmosphere. The MPHS Math Club is open to all Myers Park students interested in solving and discussing mathematical problems.
- To stimulate interest in the field of mathematics through mathematical competition.
- To develop an appreciation of the power and beauty of mathematics.
- To recognize the outstanding mathematical achievement of our members.
- To establish and maintain close relationships and mutual understanding between members.
Benefits of Membership:
- Develop and refine problem-solving strategies.
- Apply what you’ve learned in the classroom to fun and challenging problems.
- Explore mathematical ideas beyond what is taught in the classroom.
- Learn to view and appreciate math as an art that requires creativity and curiosity.
- Develop team cooperation and leadership skills.
- Meet new people who share a common interest.
October 24, 2016 – Practice for Interschool Competition
November 7, 2016 – Practice for Interschool Competition
November 14, 2016 – Rocket City Math League – Interschool Competition
November 21, 2016 – Practice for Individual Rounds
November 28, 2016 – Practice for Individual Rounds
December 5, 2016 – Practice for Individual Rounds
December 12, 2016 – Practice for Individual Rounds
December 19, 2016 – Practice for Individual Rounds
January 9, 2017 – Rocket City Math League – Round 1
January 30, 2017 – Practice for Individual Rounds
February 7, 2017 – AMC 10
February 13, 2017 – Rocket City Math League – Round 2
February 15, 2017 – AMC 12
March 7, 2017 – AIME
March, 2017 – UNCC Super Competition (off campus)
March 13, 2017 – Rocket City Math League – Round 3
April 27, 2017 – North Carolina State High School Mathematics Contest (off campus)